Wednesday, August 4, 2010

House deals with Rachel - TVGuide Magazine

"dr. cuddy, entrusting house with caring for her 3-year-old child" from tvguide mag via http://community.livejournal.com/iwatchforcuddy/

Lisa Edelstein says an early House episode will find her character, Dr. Cuddy, entrusting House with caring for her 3-year-old child. "We just started shooting this," says Lisa. "House realizes he's taken on a lot by dating a woman with a baby. She trusts him with the child because she knows he's a brilliant doctor and not an evil guy, so he's not going to kill the baby." Off camera, Lisa says, Hugh Laurie is great with the child actor. "Hugh's got three kids in real life so he is very good at making funny faces. Children really latch on to him." But it's an entirely different scenario between Dr. House and Cuddy's tot. "House has a hard time connecting with the baby. He finds the child almost alien."


House executive producer David Shore says Amber Tamblyn's new character (a fill in for Olivia Wilde's absent Thirteen), "is a brilliant medical student with not a lot of experience in the real world, so facing House is like being thrown in to the deep end." Jesse Spencer, whose Dr. Chase starts the season off as a single guy hopping from one lady to the next, hinted to me that Chase will most likely be matched with Amber romantically. "Post divorce, he stars sewing his wild oats a bit, which is fun for me to play," Jesse says. "Most of the women he's pursuing are outside the hospital, but that could change once he meets Amber's character."

AND MORE FROM SHORE:

By now we're all familiar with that photo of House and Cuddy (Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein) cozying it up on the beach, taken earlier this summer, but House creator and executive producer David Shore says we shouldn't read too much into the image. "That picture was so deceptive. It's not going to be lovey-dovey, happily ever after," says Shore. "I think the picture is taken between takes, of the two of them relaxing."
And though House and Cuddy are making a go of it, rest assured, House is still House. "[The relationship] is not sweet. House doesn't suddenly become happy and domesticated," says Shore. "We do it in a very House-like way. He's still that character that people love and Cuddy is still Cuddy. And they're trying to make a go of it as they are."
Shore and his fellow writers felt they really had no option but to explore a relationship between the two characters. "We'd done the dance long enough," says Shore. "We had fun dancing around it, we had fun playing with the sexual tension, but it was time to move on and explore the actual relationship. So we're having fun with that."

"It's pretty bold," adds Edelstein. "But I really trust David in the way he's steered the ship so far. It doesn't have to work, but it has to be done. And I think they really love each other. I just don't know if they're capable of maintaining it."

4 commenti:

Anonymous said...

Boy is Shore trying to do damage control! House ratings have plummeted and the Cuddy arc is sending average viewers to Dancing with the Stars. I love how he, Katie and the House actors keep singing the mantra, "House is still House..." Well, if House was still House, the average viewer would still be watching. David, Katie, Hugh...they all need to smell the coffee, the average viewere wants the problem-solving House back. Leave the soap opera to Grey's Anatomy.

Anonymous said...

I love that House and Cuddy are together finally but if it will be a thing where they are good together only to end in disaster i.e. (no friendship, no relationship, and no amicability). I would rather not see it because then it would ruin the whole House and Cuddy connection of the show. I would rather just see them be flirty friends (but it would be a shame) if that is the only ending we get; but I do trust the people of House. On another note, I do think that house and Cuddy can have a relationship that is undefined by others. I.e. “What we think relationships look like” and “what we think theirs should look like” because they can just be true to their characters and see who they can be togethe and who they want to be. For example, in episode 7X04 “Message Therapy” Huddy plays the video game together (which is implied) and after seeing 7.4 seasons of house one can guess that Cuddy is not a video game player (nor go kart racer : )… but to see them together trying to figure it out is just beautiful. And I would love it to continue and see house to the same thing.I love house and cuddy together. Also the show is defently not at all as bad as some people a are making it out to be. And it is expected to be a little transiton between the characters and show when you get two characters together who were never together before and it is a little harder but I don't think that the show is bad because of it. It has gained some thingS as well because I think there were some pluses and minuses to the show before and there are some after. I don't regret seeing them together. Some people will change with them and some wont. I was one of those people who loved house and cuddy (and the whole rest of the show) and stopped watching before the house and cuddy relationship and started watching it again a little later cause I thought it gained what it was lacking. And I think that we all have those moments and I still love House and hope that it continues for many more years even if I don't get the huddy relationship that I am looking for. I hope that the writers and creators keep doing what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

I do think that the Cuddy and House relationhip can be happy. Not large stents but somewhat. Like what we are getting now. Like in 701 the whole time they spent together, 702 with the HR guy, and the banter between house and his team, and them figuring out their relationship at work. And 703 with the Gokarts, the writer, and obsrvation room with house and cuddy, and 704 the message ar, angument. And 705 with house and Racheal. I just like them being true to the house and cuddy relationship as they are argue, fight, love, and figuring out their relationship at work and in private. I k its beautiful. I know they are not happy people but they can be happy as s it is true to who they es. I don's like that they have to be doomed from the start (i.e. people comments about them not lasting). I mean look at what we got so far its beautiful and amazing. I know it won't fairytales and magic but it can be what it is for them. Some of the patient scearios can do some work. I mean just the message therapy episode and the last episode cause I like house more involved like in the writers episode and 622 (season finale), or 701 with cuddy. Or the somewhere in between where we get both cuddy and house. I mean I think thats what most huddy/house lovers want. But i trust David Shore and the writing in regards to this storyline. And I don't think that huddy are doomed if we let them be true to themselves and happy. I know many thoughts but its how I feel. I mean come on people let them be house and cuddy happy.

Anonymous said...

The little things that you guys are talking about is nothing. This is still a great show that makes us laugh, gives us great house sayings, great drama, and a great relationship.

Post a Comment