Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lisa E. Talks Accents and Candice Bergen

Lisa Edelstein Talks 'House,' Accents and Getting Candice Bergen for a Mom
via http://www.popeater.com/2010/10/23/lisa-edelstein-house-interview-candice-bergen/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Although she's part of FOX's mega-hit 'House,' Lisa Edelstein doesn't have a big head when it comes to work. She doesn't even get caught up in the story lines or the spotlight, but she will put up the tab for lunch for her loyal set crew. Edelstein, who plays Dr. Cuddy, is going to have some serious mommy issues come January when 'Murphy Brown' icon Candice Bergen rolls on set as her mother. The ringlet beauty spoke to PopEater about Hugh Laurie's accent, Lifetime movies and the excitement of working with a TV legend.

What's up for this season?
So far there are the usual House-ian medical mysteries with a bit of relationship stuff thrown in to spice things up. There has been a lot of foreplay, more foreplay than high school.

Candice Bergen will be playing your mother.
It's been great. I really like her a lot. She's hilarious, she's brilliant, I couldn't have asked for a better mother.

Did you grow up watching 'Murphy Brown'?
Um I did, but I've never really been a big sitcom watcher. She was a huge star when I moved to L.A. Her show was the top show. She's not just funny, you can feel her intelligence and that's what makes her so spectacular to watch. She always adds something more than you'd expect.

Are you friends with Hugh's wife?
Jo doesn't live here so I don't see her very often. I don't think she's worried about me. As much as it seems that I'm his 'American wife,' he's working 14 hours a day and I just pop in and do my scenes. I barely see the man.

Do you ever feel sorry for Hugh having to put on an American accent all day?
It's really hard for him. There are plenty of tongue twisters in our dialogue to begin with, let alone having to do it in a different accent. He does sometimes get frustrated with himself but that said, he's a perfectionist, he hears mistakes in his accent that I'm completely unaware of.

How much longer do you think the show will go for?
I have no idea but so far so good for me.

Any favorite guest stars?
I can't even remember the episodes we've already shot this season so I have no ability to pull up who we've had on the show. It's funny it all melds together and turns into one long day at work. You're constantly memorizing lines so it's hard to remember what we shot two weeks ago.

You're in one of my favorite Lifetime movies, 'Obsessed.'
That's so funny! That's great to hear, thank you.

I love Lifetime movies. Unironically, they're the best especially if you're not feeling well.
It's so interesting to me. Yeah there are people who can't get enough of them. I know a lot of really smart people who love Lifetime movies, I think because they all tie themselves up nicely at the end.

Do you watch them at all?
No, they're not for me at all; they've been very good to me. I've done three of them but they're not my cup of tea.

What's the weirdest place you've been recognized?
I was recognized in Bangkok on New Year's Eve. There are millions of people out on New Year's Eve and when you go out you immediately get doused with water and covered with this white paste. Even covered with white goo and soaking wet, somebody recognized me. I had my glasses on; it was the most bizarre moment. One little head popped out of millions and went, 'House!'

How do you respond when you get recognized?
You just wave. They're just excited to see you on T.V and then you're there.

Do you do a royal wave?
I don't although as I get older I try to do a wave that requires less jiggling. I think that's why the Queen waves that way.

You're a vegetarian.
Yes for 28 years. I was really a natural vegetarian. I never liked meat; I don't feel comfortable with it. I also think it's better for your health. I bring my own food to the set because the food is sort of crappy.

You should complain to the producers.
Yeah I have, believe me. They don't want to spend a lot of money on the food. They're creative as they can be with the budget they're given.

Seriously, the show is an international hit and they can't spring some money so that people who work 16 hours a day can eat decently?
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Also the crew would feel better and have more energy if they ate better. What I'll do is order food from a healthy place and pay for it for the crew. We all do that, the actors, the writers. If I'm in an episode a lot and I'm around 14 hours a day I'll usually spring for a meal for the crew. It's not that unusual.

0 commenti:

Post a Comment